Giant Anthem Advanced Sx 2016
Giant Bikes - Giant Anthem
Giant Anthem Advanced Sx 2016
In the very competitive world of carbon fibre road bikes the Giant Advanced frames are recognized as Industry leaders with regard to material quality, innovative design, construction technique, strength to weight ratio and ride quality.
* you can elect to pay $200 deposit to hold the bike of your choice at the store
closest to you (Melbourne ONLY).
After checkout, you will be contacted by phone or email by our staff to discuss pick up options. Please note that bikes can not be shipped - you must come in to a Melbourne store to pick up the bike ordered. Balance is payable on pickup.
We do not guarantee stock availability.
Giant Anthem Advanced SX - 2016 Mountain Bike
The Anthem Advanced SX is not only for serious athletes who love the thrill of racing, it’s also made for the rider who is lured by wilderness and adventure.
The Anthem Advanced SX is a lightened and stiffened version of the Anthem SX. It features the following key upgrades:
- Advanced-grade carbon front triangle.
- SRAM X01 drive train.
- Giant P-TRX 1 Composite Wheel System, 27mm wide, rear thru axle.
- KMC X11SL DLC chain.
- SRAM Guide RS brakes.
- Giant Contact SL handlebar and stem.
The Giant Anthem Advanced SX uses a carbon front triangle. Carbon is not only used for its lightweight properties, it’s used primarily for its stiffness. This is critical because the more stiffness a frame has, the more control you have as a rider, and the greater the efficiency of the chassis – something that will appeal to racer types. The Anthem Advanced SX bottom bracket is stiffened by 3% and torsional rigidity increased by 7%. This increase in stiffness results in better pedalling-efficiency and the Anthem SX tracking better through rough terrain. It’s definitely a 'point and shoot' type bike – very precise and agile. The 142x12mm thru-axle further enhances torsional stiffness.
The Anthem Advanced SX chassis uses Maestro to enhance pedalling efficiency and isolate braking forces from influencing suspension movement. Maestro uses 4 pivots and 2 short linkages to do this. It’s one of the cleanest, and maintenance free suspension systems in the industry.
The Rock Shox Revelation RL is a lightweight, aggressive trail fork. It features pressure, rebound and a staged lockout lever that allows riders to gradually increase the amount of compression until the fork is fully locked out. The Anthem Advanced SX uses a Monarch rear shock with a DebonAir can. DebonAir will improve small bump compliance, gives better mid travel support and linearity into the first 1/3 of suspension movement.
1-by-11 transmissions are so prevalent in the high-performance dual suspension category. And SRAM’s X01 group set is at the forefront of these new breeds of transmissions. The X01 groupset uses key components that are worth mentioning:
- SRAM X01 crankset. Made from carbon to result in better stiffness and power delivery. The chain ring teeth use the Narrow-Wide teeth profile to improve chain retention without having to use a chain retention device.
- SRAM X01 RD. The rear derailleur uses a ‘horizontal parallelogram’ linkage design which keeps the gap between the chain consistent with every gear. This reduces ghost shifting and makes gear changes faster because it eliminates any vertical movement.
- SRAM X01 Trigger Shifter. Is one of the most precise, fast and dependable gear change mechanisms available. Using ZeroLoss technology, the gear paddle engages the shift cable instantly. Every degree of gear paddle lever movement results in 1mm of cable movement.
SRAM Guide RS hydraulic brakes help rein the Anthem Advanced SX. The Guide RS uses a 4-piston calliper for maximum power delivery. These also use SRAM’s SwingLink lever. This uses a cam-type arrangement that reduces any excessive play in the lever’s motion; resulting in better modulation and power. The master cylinder consists of an expandable bladder that is specifically shaped to move air bubbles away from the lever and push fluid exactly where required.
Giant P-TRX 1 C wheels sound like a mouthful but they are worth their salt in performance and weigh just 1,600 grams. The P-TRX 1 uses a wide carbon rim at 27mm. This allows riders to run wider tyres without the tyre ‘floating’ under the rim; resulting in better cornering traction and confidence. Wider rims will also allow you to run lower pressures without risking pinch flats. The rims are laced with Sapim spokes and roll on huge sealed bearing hubs.
Like to get really serious? Have a look at the 2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt. Now on sale at close to Anthem prices.