12-Speed SRAM X01 Eagle Chain
It might look normal from the outside, but the engineering inside this incredible chain design makes possible a gear range previously found only in 2-chainring drivetrains. And it’s also the biggest contributor to the Eagle drivetrain’s ultra-smooth, precise, durable and quiet performance. The Eagle chain’s links have a smooth radius, with no sharp edges or chamfers, which yield a significant reduction in noise, friction and wear on chainrings and cassette cogs. This design also allows for a flatter plate, which means more consistent chain riveting and greater overall strength. HARD CHROME technology extends the chain’s optimal performance life.
- Groundbreaking chain design and technology
- The Eagle chain has been completely re-engineered, and is produced with new manufacturing technology.
- Eagle PowerLock chain connector with FLOW LINK technology provides better chain-guiding and increased longevity.
- The Eagle chain is the quietest, strongest and most wear-resistant chain in the world
- Unique features and design also provide significantly improved wear resistance on Eagle cassettes and rings.
- Nickel outer link finish.
- Chrome plated inner link finish.
- 126 links.
- 239 grams (based on 114 links).
The SRAM Hard Chrome chain has time the elongation (wear) resistance to our other chains. This is due to the finishing process on the inner links and rollers. Push pin strength and ultimate strength are equivalent to our current chains. So, the Hard Chrome design lasts longer and it’s just as strong.
SRAM chain engineers developed PowerLock as a tool free, sure and consistent way to connect our chains. While PowerLock does not require special tools for install, the especially tight tolerances of 10 and 11 drivetrains mandate that each PowerLock is good for a once only application